RemedySpot.com

Exercise Restrictions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Well, I now have Subacromial Impingement & Bursitis in my right shoulder and Biceps Tendonitis as well in my right arm. (I had an MRI after two cortisone injections that provided only temporary relief of the pain in my right upper arm.) The most frustrating part of this new problem is that what helps my back is bad for my shoulder and visa versa. For instance, lying down has always been my best way to alleviate any back pain, but lying down makes my shoulder very painful. Anyway, the doc wants me to have surgery, but I have no intention of going through yet another long recovery period. He said recovery could take up to a year. At my suggestion, we are going to try PT.

I am pretty certain that shoulder PT usually involves weights and some sort of exercise with a machine involving a pulley type thing where you pull down from up above, to strengthen the shoulder. Needless to say, I am leery about any exercise that could harm my back. Have any of you post revision folks been advised to avoid any particular movements, like the one I described above?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Bonnie

PS, I can't help but wonder whether my curves, surgeries, hardware, cervical spine deterioration and/or kyphosis are the root cause of this shoulder problem.