RemedySpot.com

Re: Television, radio, and Wi-FI, does metal implants affect them

Rate this topic

Guest guest

WOW ! I've always wondered about that and it's never happened to me....that's almost in the lines of Gilligan on Gilligan's Island being able to tune in radio stations through the fillings in his teeth - but THAT was fiction!

So, if you were to go into a Starbucks, where they have Wi-Fi and everybody is online, by walking in you'd shut their internet connections down? I hope you don't take offense, but I find that very humorous. I mean, it is sad that all of that hardware is inside you, and is certainly serving its purpose, but this seems like some type of "superpower" of sorts!

G

[ ] Television, radio, and Wi-FI, does metal implants affect them

Hey Group,

My revision hardware is stainless steel, and last night we found an odd affect I have on Wi-FI signals. My son got a laptop that we set up wireless in his room. I walked into his doorway to speak to him, and he lost his connection. Didn't think much of it till later and it happened again. So we tried placing my husband in the doorway, everything was fine, put me there again , and he lost it again. Have any of you found this?

Back when I had my Harrington, I had odd moments of affecting radio signals, and T.V. reception. I would walk into a room and someone listening to radio would have it go all crackly, I'd leave and it would be fine. We had friends in Oregon who would love when I would come over, as they couldn't get cable TV and had an antenna, and when I came over and stood in certain place in the room they could get three more channels. It was quite the party trick, they loved showing our friends.

I was wondering if any of you besides me have found this oddity?

Colorado Springs

The Starbucks thing hasn't happened, and my son's room is quite small, so maybe it's a confined space oddity. While reading a bit on it this morning, there are people that say Wi-FI actually makes them painful, metals or not. I try not to read a lot into anything I read, but just was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.

I'd love to think I have superpowers, alas just some weird reaction to the metals in me, but it has been fun through the years.

Hey Group,

My revision hardware is stainless steel, and last night we found an odd affect I have on Wi-FI signals. My son got a laptop that we set up wireless in his room. I walked into his doorway to speak to him, and he lost his connection. Didn't think much of it till later and it happened again. So we tried placing my husband in the doorway, everything was fine, put me there again , and he lost it again. Have any of you found this?

Back when I had my Harrington, I had odd moments of affecting radio signals, and T.V. reception. I would walk into a room and someone listening to radio would have it go all crackly, I'd leave and it would be fine. We had friends in Oregon who would love when I would come over, as they couldn't get cable TV and had an antenna, and when I came over and stood in certain place in the room they could get three more channels. It was quite the party trick, they loved showing our friends.

Colorado Springs

I must commend you on your ability to maintain a sense of humor in all of this scoliosis & aftermath. I would say THAT, in itself, is a SUPERPOWER!

And, I'm sure that is very comforting to many out there who know they need the revision surgery but are just too terrified yet to plunge, not knowing what they'll be like afterwards. Having a trooper, such as you, for them to see that there's still some humor in life has to lighten up the seriousness at times...which is essential!

Hey Group,

Colorado Springs

When I was young, before cable came to our small town (I'm really dating myself), I could touch the rabbit ears on our TV and instantly improve the reception, but as soon as I walked away...puff! My normal sister had no effect on the reception. My father used to tease me about making me stand there through the evening news.-DyannFrom: Kirkaldie <.Kirkaldie@...>To:

Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 9:19:32 AMSubject: Re: [ ] Television, radio, and Wi-FI, does metal implants affect them

The Starbucks thing hasn't happened, and my son's room is quite small, so maybe it's a confined space oddity. While reading a bit on it this morning, there are people that say Wi-FI actually makes them painful, metals or not. I try not to read a lot into anything I read, but just was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences.

I'd love to think I have superpowers, alas just some weird reaction to the metals in me, but it has been fun through the years.

Hey Group,

Colorado Springs

I use my laptop with wireless internet and have not had any problems.

>

> Hey Group,

>

> My revision hardware is stainless steel, and last night we found an

odd affect I have on Wi-FI signals. My son got a laptop that we set

up wireless in his room. I walked into his doorway to speak to him,

and he lost his connection. Didn't think much of it till later and it

happened again. So we tried placing my husband in the doorway,

everything was fine, put me there again , and he lost it again. Have

any of you found this?

>

> Back when I had my Harrington, I had odd moments of affecting radio

signals, and T.V. reception. I would walk into a room and someone

listening to radio would have it go all crackly, I'd leave and it

would be fine. We had friends in Oregon who would love when I would

come over, as they couldn't get cable TV and had an antenna, and when

I came over and stood in certain place in the room they could get

three more channels. It was quite the party trick, they loved showing

our friends.

>

> I was wondering if any of you besides me have found this oddity?

>

>

> Colorado Springs

>

Dyann,

See I'm not the only one! At least scoliosis and it's resulting hardware has some added benefit, HaHa!

Colorado Springs

Hey Group,

Colorado Springs

How bizarre! We should make up a book of weird things that happen to

us after these surgeries :) I've never had it happen to me, and I

use a laptop and our wireless connection all the time at home.

>

> Hey Group,

>

> My revision hardware is stainless steel, and last night we found an

odd affect I have on Wi-FI signals. My son got a laptop that we set

up wireless in his room. I walked into his doorway to speak to him,

and he lost his connection. Didn't think much of it till later and it

happened again. So we tried placing my husband in the doorway,

everything was fine, put me there again , and he lost it again. Have

any of you found this?

>

> Back when I had my Harrington, I had odd moments of affecting radio

signals, and T.V. reception. I would walk into a room and someone

listening to radio would have it go all crackly, I'd leave and it

would be fine. We had friends in Oregon who would love when I would

come over, as they couldn't get cable TV and had an antenna, and when

I came over and stood in certain place in the room they could get

three more channels. It was quite the party trick, they loved showing

our friends.

>

> I was wondering if any of you besides me have found this oddity?

>

>

> Colorado Springs

>