RemedySpot.com

It's that time of year

Rate this topic

Guest guest

<<This is the time of year when resolve and will power often go down the drain. How's everyone doing with their diets? It would be good to hear about both good and bad stories of the season.>>

Uuuuh welll...if anybody wants to see some seriously neurotic eating going on, they should pop over by my house. We're under some unusual stresses around here, and the holidays just compound the issues. Although I've truly loved having the kids home for Christmas, I admit to keeping myself glued together over all the other stuff by overeating. It's only difficult in the evenings, after dinner. I do great all day, but at night I'm totally neurotic. I sure wish I understood what happens to my good intentions at sunset. If anybody has a clue, fill me in please. I think this is a common problem with many overeaters.

Suz

> Hi everybody,

Welcome, Ariisa!

> I'm 25, working full time, going to college full time, and getting > adjusted to living on my own. I'm 5'1" and 225 pounds. :0( My short

I see you're a busy gal!

> term goal is to lose 30 pounds by the end of March.

That's a bit over 3 pounds a week - not realistic for *healthy* & permanent weight loss. Try to aim for a 1-2 pound loss a week. It may take a little longer to reach your goal, but that weight should stay *gone*.

> My motivation has changed every year that I've started some new fad > (which of course, has never worked),

LOL I go through that every few *months*.

> but now I have my sights set on > something long term - joining the Peace Corps when I'm finished with > my Bachelor's degree.

Congrats! Even if you don't lose all the weight you want, don't hesitate to enroll. There was just a long thread over on the Cab Cafe message board (http://www.fatso.com - you have to register to enter the discussion board but it's free) about this, because one woman was turned down solely on her weight, but with the right people writing letters for her, especially Sondra Solvay, a size-activist and a lawyer, they finally agreed to let her have a physical and *their* doctor agreed she was perfectly healthy and capable of serving.

> The plan that I will finish working on this week includes making

Looks like a great plan. Glad to have you around.

BTW, I'm close to you over in urban NJ - look to Lady Liberty's right and there I am behind her.

Sue in NJWeb site: http://members.tripod.com/~sue_in_nj/rich.htm

Ariisa,

You have come to the right place...you will get lots of support here!

Rae

260/150/150

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal"

In a message dated 12/30/2002 10:22:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,

ldshannon@... writes:

> I look forward to getting to know all of you and what

> has/hasn't

> worked for you on your journey!

>

> Ariisa

Ariisa - nice to meet you! Sounds like you have a solid goal in front of you -

and that is great!

Looking forward to hearing more from you....

Take Care,