RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Flax (Is the diet life long?)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"It is quite hard.. I used to always put it in a tall glass of juice until my naturopath told me to stop..."

I wonder if carrot juice is allowed. I buy carrot juice from the SuperStore in Canada. It is the Presidents Choice Organics brand and all it contains is organic carrots. I love this stuff and I generally have it in the morning before my breakfast. If it is allowable, I think ground flax seed could be added to it.

Rhonda

Rhonda, I would question of the benefits of prebottled carrot juice. Just last night I was doing some research on juicing and it appears that juice should be consumed within 20 minutes of juicing or it starts to lose its "goodness" (chi?).

The other debate is over carrots themselves. They do have a higher sugar content than, say, green vegetables. But it depends on how severe your Candida is and whether you can tolerate it or not.

I make fresh vegetable juice often (I try for every day but you know how it goes). I do a celery/parsley/carrot juice - but only a small amount of carrot. I do it for the taste and also because carrots are supposed to be good for the liver. So, it's like everything else with Candida - you have to make the choices that are best for your particular situation. :)

I wonder if carrot juice is allowed. I buy carrot juice from the SuperStore in Canada.

Rhonda

The juice I've been buying contains only organic carrot juice. It is stored on ice in the produce section of the store and clearly labelled "Must Keep Refridgerated" I think it has about a seven day expiry date on it generally. The Total Carbohydrates for 1 cup is labelled as 17 g with 12 g of that labelled as Sugars. I have not had any reaction to this juice and I have been drinking it for about 2 months. I have not been adhering to a strict Candida diet though and I have an appointment with my Naturopath on Friday to get back on track. I plan to bring up the carrot juice with him and gets his feedback.

Rhonda

Re: Re: Flax (Is the diet life long?)

Rhonda, I would question of the benefits of prebottled carrot juice. Just last night I was doing some research on juicing and it appears that juice should be consumed within 20 minutes of juicing or it starts to lose its "goodness" (chi?).

The other debate is over carrots themselves. They do have a higher sugar content than, say, green vegetables. But it depends on how severe your Candida is and whether you can tolerate it or not.

I make fresh vegetable juice often (I try for every day but you know how it goes). I do a celery/parsley/carrot juice - but only a small amount of carrot. I do it for the taste and also because carrots are supposed to be good for the liver. So, it's like everything else with Candida - you have to make the choices that are best for your particular situation. :)

I wonder if carrot juice is allowed. I buy carrot juice from the SuperStore in Canada.

Rhonda

Carrots

are very high in sugar and should be avoided.

-----Original

Message-----

[mailto:girlfromns@...]

Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004

12:52 PM

candidiasis

Subject: Re: Re:

Flax (Is the diet life long?)

" It is quite hard.. I used to always put it in a tall glass

of juice until my naturopath told me to stop... "

I wonder if carrot juice is allowed. I buy carrot juice from the SuperStore in

Canada. It is the Presidents Choice Organics brand and all it contains is

organic carrots. I love this stuff and I generally have it in the morning

before my breakfast. If it is allowable, I think ground flax seed could be

added to it.

Rhonda

Candidiasis

stories:

http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=41

http://CureZone.com/dis/

http://CureZone.com/diseases/parasites/

List Unsubscribe: candidiasis-unsubscribe

Post message: candidiasis

Group page: candidiasis

Hi Kari,

The 'meal' in flax seed meal is what you get when you grind up flax seeds. People kept telling me to grind it myself in a coffee grinder, but I don't have a coffee grinder since I don't drink coffee, therefore I bought it pre-ground, if you will.

Chris