RemedySpot.com

Itching question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't tell whether I'm being eaten by bedbugs or whether I've got

this itching I hear you talk about. It's a similar sensation to that

I've experienced when being allergic to medication. I'm not taking

anything new so I know it's not that, but it's driving me crazy.

Perhaps it's fleas? Can any of you describe this for me, so I can

figure this out?

Thanks,

Rhonda/TN

Hi..I have not yet found medication that works so I just cool the area off with a cold wet cloth and put lotriderm cream on it. This helps to numb and stabalize the itch so I can get to sleep.

savedbybunnies <rbsteff@...> wrote: I can't tell whether I'm being eaten by bedbugs or whether I've got this itching I hear you talk about. It's a similar sensation to that I've experienced when being allergic to medication. I'm not taking anything new so I know it's not that, but it's driving me crazy. Perhaps it's fleas? Can any of you describe this for me, so I can figure this out?Thanks,Rhonda/TN

savedbybunnies <rbsteff@...> wrote: I can't tell whether I'm being eaten by bedbugs or whether I've got this itching I hear you talk about. It's a similar sensation to that I've experienced when being allergic to medication. I'm not taking anything new so I know it's not that, but it's driving me crazy. Perhaps it's fleas? Can any of you describe this for me, so I can figure this out?Thanks,Rhonda/TN

Hi Rhonda,

The itching that I had was worse on the plams of my hands and the bottoms of my feet. It drove me crazy and I also found that putting cold compresses on the area helped. I had itching ont he rest of my skin, but it was the worst on my hands and feet. I remember keeping a hairbrush next to the bed to scratch with at night and sometimes I would wake up in the morning bleeding from where I had scratched so much....and I STILL itched! ACKKK!!! The good thing is, mine disappeared when my liver levels went back to normal...are yours elevated? If so, maybe the itching will cease once you get your levels down. By the way....I noticed that you are in TN...I am in Knoxville. We just moved here in December and I love it! Hope you get some relief! Take care!

> >Hi..I have not yet found medication that works so I just cool the area off with a cold wet cloth and put lotriderm cream on it. This helps to numb and stabalize the itch so I can get to sleep. > savedbybunnies wrote: I can't tell whether I'm being eaten by bedbugs or whether I've got >this itching I hear you talk about. It's a similar sensation to that >I've experienced when being allergic to medication. I'm not taking >anything new so I know it's not that, but it's driving me crazy. >Perhaps it's fleas? Can any of you describe this for me, so I can >figure this out? >Thanks, >Rhonda/TN > > >

For small areas like hands and feet I find Lanacane ointment or cream

helpful. It takes away all sensation from the area.

Shireen

>From: " Holly Ramnes " <hollydollyramnes@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: Re: [ ] Itching question

>Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:30:37 -0500

>

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

Hi Rhonda,

The itching that I had was worse on the plams of my hands and the bottoms of my feet. It drove me crazy and I also found that putting cold compresses on the area helped. I had itching ont he rest of my skin, but it was the worst on my hands and feet. I remember keeping a hairbrush next to the bed to scratch with at night and sometimes I would wake up in the morning bleeding from where I had scratched so much....and I STILL itched! ACKKK!!! The good thing is, mine disappeared when my liver levels went back to normal...are yours elevated? If so, maybe the itching will cease once you get your levels down. By the way....I noticed that you are in TN...I am in Knoxville. We just moved here in December and I love it! Hope you get some relief! Take care!

> >Hi..I have not yet found medication that works so I just cool the area off with a cold wet cloth and put lotriderm cream on it. This helps to numb and stabalize the itch so I can get to sleep. > savedbybunnies wrote: I can't tell whether I'm being eaten by bedbugs or whether I've got >this itching I hear you talk about. It's a similar sensation to that >I've experienced when being allergic to medication. I'm not taking >anything new so I know it's not that, but it's driving me crazy. >Perhaps it's fleas? Can any of you describe this for me, so I can >figure this out? >Thanks, >Rhonda/TN > > >

Hi Holley:

I live in Memphis. I do occasionally have itching on the palms of my

hands and lately I've been itching on the soles of my feet and on my

back and legs. I don't notice it so much during the day, but when I

try to sleep, that's when I have problems.

Rhonda/TN

>

Rhonda,

I definately feel for ya! But like I said, the itching should go away as soon as your bilirubin counts get back to normal. How high are your levels and are you taking anything to bring them back down? I don't mean to be nosey...and I don't even need to know the answers, but it is something that your doctor should be watching. A lot of others post here and I have seen where they have meds that can help with the itching, although when I was sick (in 1997) they had nothing to help me. -Or at least the doc I had at the time didn't care to prescribe anything. Anyways, I will say a prayer for ya that the insane itching stops! Take care!

Holly

>Hi Holley: >I live in Memphis. I do occasionally have itching on the palms of my >hands and lately I've been itching on the soles of my feet and on my >back and legs. I don't notice it so much during the day, but when I >try to sleep, that's when I have problems. >Rhonda/TN >

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here

Dear Holly:

I'm thinking perhaps it was bedbugs. LOL I didn't itch last night at

all. Maybe it's a combination of lowering my pred. and my monthly

visitor. I have noticed that as I lowered my pred. my appetite

decreased. When I got to 10mg. I was eating one meal a day (from

about 50 a day when on a high dose) now that I've lowered it to 5mg.

I'm back to not being hungry at all and feeling nauseous again. I

guess I'll call the dr. tomorrow and see if this is normal.

It feels like I did before starting therapy. Great, just what I

needed!

Hugs,

Rhonda/TN

>

Hi Rhonda,

I just got back from vacation and read your posts about itching

and nausea. Since I am tapering about the same as you I thought I'd

let you know what I am experiencing. I have been having itching

nonstop since last January, and recently it has gotten worse again.

I too have more at night, although I will itch during the day, even

at the doctor's office!! lol. I too, am feeling more nauseated, and

less hungry. I am sorry you are feeling so crummy, I wish as my kids

say I could " throw the sick away. " They would say that when they

were small and once in awhile, my 17 year old will say it again, it

always makes me smile. I missed all of you during vacation and you

were in my thoughts.

Love, Ruth

> >

• 5 years later...
Guest guest

Dear and fellow friends:

I read yesterday that "itching" can be one of the symptoms for CLL/SLL.

Have you seen this and should one be alarmed or just watch it for a while? In the last few days I've noticed "itching" sensations near my ankles and then also on my face. I'm not near mosquitos so it's not bites.

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!