RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: the disease that turns you into stone? scleroderma : , teeth question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Ruth,

You are the sweet one! Thanks for you kind thoughts. I think that sensitive teeth are one symptom of scleroderma. I talked to my doctor's assistant today and they think I'm having a reaction to the meds. I am only taking meds to keep me alive so there is a problem if I am having a reaction. The spots are still there, so when I see her Wed to discuss my lastest hepatic panel and CBC she will look at this rash. She said I could rinse with ACT, a fluoride rinse, to reduce the sensitivity.

My dentist said it was the prednisone but my gastro said no.

Good night.

With love,

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 1:57 AM

Subject: [ ] Re: the disease that turns you into stone? scleroderma : , teeth question

Hi , I have problems with my teeth being very sensitive as well. My dentist said it was from the predisone. I have to be extra careful, brushing and flossing. I also have been told that many medicines cause dry mouth which also sets you up for dental problems. I know what you mean about even cold air hitting your teeth. I went to the dentist awhile back and I thought for sure I had a cavity or may need a root canal, but no cavities. So I just have been giving that one tooth extra attention and it has been doing better, the dentist recommended sensodyne for me as well. I hope you get help, when your teeth hurt, that is awful. I can stand just about any pain over pain in my mouth, I have a real phobia about that. , you are such a sweet person, I really appreciate reading your posts. I hope you can get answers and that you feel better soon.Love,Ruth > > What a great picture! You all look happy and healthy! Who could EVER tell what we all go through.> > > Re: [ ] More WV mtg pics> > > Hope this makes it through... that is on the left, Randy, Debbie and ... > > What a fun time we had!! > > Cheryl & Randy > >

Guest guest

HI ,

My name is Lynn and I have Scleroderma, yes my teeth hurt. The dentist made me a custom mouth tray for fluoride treatments. I am to do this before bed. I also have AIH, Sjogren's and Hypo thyroid. As you can see I am Auto Immune prone. I feel my symptoms began when I had Graves and was given the radio active iodine for treatment. I feel this was my trigger factor as my symptoms began in one week. Red dots can be a symptom not talked about always because they cause no pain, they disappear when pressed on and reappear when you take your finger off. It is the T in CREST... This is the limited form that I have. Below is a photo site to check it out.

Scleroderma is ...

http://www.dermis.net/doia/diagnose.asp?zugr=d & lang=e & diagnr=710130 & topic=t

This site explains Scleroderma and its forms

http://www.sclero.org/medical/about-sd/a-to-z.html#sd

I hope all who read this take time to learn about it as we need to educate the public so funding can be supported. Thanks...

Your friend...LYNN

Guest guest

Dear Lynn,

Hi! and thank you for the information. I am so sorry you have it; scleroderma. I looked at the information you sent and it was full of information. Hmmm...my hands look very much like the pictures too. But when I press on the red spots on my legs they don't go away. I noticed that my sister and my sister-in-law have the spots too. Either we all have it or I don't have it. My teeth still hurt but I did have a little ice cream yesterday. That tooth pain came on so dramatically and suddenly.

I will see my gastro doctor on Wed and she will be able to tell me as she has seen these cases there as well as my rare disease, AIH. I guess I am so paranoid about AIH that I'm waiting for the "other shoe to drop".

How are you dealing with scleroderma? Do you take any kind of medicine for it?

Thank you, have a pleasant night!

Re: [ ] Re: the disease that turns you into stone? scleroderma : , teeth question

HI ,

My name is Lynn and I have Scleroderma, yes my teeth hurt. The dentist made me a custom mouth tray for fluoride treatments. I am to do this before bed. I also have AIH, Sjogren's and Hypo thyroid. As you can see I am Auto Immune prone. I feel my symptoms began when I had Graves and was given the radio active iodine for treatment. I feel this was my trigger factor as my symptoms began in one week. Red dots can be a symptom not talked about always because they cause no pain, they disappear when pressed on and reappear when you take your finger off. It is the T in CREST... This is the limited form that I have. Below is a photo site to check it out.

Scleroderma is ...

http://www.dermis.net/doia/diagnose.asp?zugr=d & lang=e & diagnr=710130 & topic=t

This site explains Scleroderma and its forms

http://www.sclero.org/medical/about-sd/a-to-z.html#sd

I hope all who read this take time to learn about it as we need to educate the public so funding can be supported. Thanks...

Your friend...LYNN