Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/13/02 11:24:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Debby, I hope you don't mean 105 inside! Is it the a/c in your classroom

that doesn't work very well? Heat can be awful for the itching, see what you

can do to keep cool. Being in FL when I had the itching I lived in the A/c

Take care!

Patty

For heat, I know someone who uses a "collar" filled with blue gel that he keeps in the freezer when he isn't using it. The cold gel tube slips inside a bandanna wrapper. I see this sort of thing often in catalogues.

Harper

Guest guest

Another option for the heat is this little gadget they sell at The

Sharper Image. I first saw them on everyone, it seemed, in New

Orleans. You know how hot it can get down there. It sits on the back

of your neck and circulates cool air around your neck and back. I

have sworn to buy a couple the next time we go down.

It looks similar to a silver metal half necklace. It looks

unobtrusive in design and those that had them in New Orleans seemed

to be having the best time.

Rhonda/TN

> In a message dated 4/13/02 11:24:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

> @y... writes:

>

>

> > Debby, I hope you don't mean 105 inside! Is it the a/c in your

classroom

> > that doesn't work very well? Heat can be awful for the itching,

see what you

> > can do to keep cool. Being in FL when I had the itching I lived

in the A/c

> > Take care!

> >

>

> For heat, I know someone who uses a " collar " filled with blue gel

that he

> keeps in the freezer when he isn't using it. The cold gel tube

slips inside

> a bandanna wrapper. I see this sort of thing often in catalogues.

> Harper

Guest guest

ohhhhh, i know where I can find one of those...think I just may get one and put it in my fridge at school! THanks for that wonderful idea!!!!

debby

Re: [ ] Heat problems

In a message dated 4/13/02 11:24:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Debby, I hope you don't mean 105 inside! Is it the a/c in your classroom that doesn't work very well? Heat can be awful for the itching, see what you can do to keep cool. Being in FL when I had the itching I lived in the A/c Take care! PattyFor heat, I know someone who uses a "collar" filled with blue gel that he keeps in the freezer when he isn't using it. The cold gel tube slips inside a bandanna wrapper. I see this sort of thing often in catalogues. Harper

• 7 years later...

I also have a very difficult time with working outside in the heat. I get dizzy, weak, sweat like crazy – I sweat from my head a lot. I use a very absorbent headband – I have found that cutting the bottom off of a cotton T-shirt and twisting it into a double circle – works great. Sometimes I have to tie a little knot somewhere to make it fit right. I wash them along with everything else, and they don't "unravel" or anything. Anyway, symptoms include nausea, also. My face gets red. I am miserable. I also have a rash-reaction from too much sun on my skin – mostly my forearms.

So.... I wear a hat AND a cotton headband, a wet cotton bandanna around my neck, a thin light blue work shirt with long sleeves, also kept wet. I avoid working in the direct sun, if I can. I only do short stints, and I rest and drink water. If I'm not too nauseous. I live in a fairly dry climate, so keeping wet actually helps. I have had to find hired help to do many of the things I used to be able to do.... And I am way too young to be like this. But hey, I'm fighting the dragon.

>> Anyone have any problems with working outside and the heat.?> > If so what symptoms please> > > From our home to your home, we pray and speak blessings, success and prosperity.> Dr. Walter L. Scheu, Sr. - Pastor> Restoration Community Fellowship Church

Hi

When its real hot like today I try to work in the shade or my cave. My

cave is about 55 degrees I think but I have a lot of rock to break up

and remove. I will probably put electric and a phone in it soon and if

it was dryer it could be a nice place to live.

walter. can we take milk thistle capsules with food.? swammy

From: Barbara <wbarbarae (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [ ] Heat problems Date: Monday, August 10, 2009, 8:03 PM

I have to say I agree with everyone about the heat I have 9 more weeks left of treatment and I sweat like you cant imagine..... I have to sleep with AC and a fan on me just to be comfortable but I do live in AZ which doesnt help....

God Bless Barbara

From: Charley <thisdance (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 1:55:46 PMSubject: Re: [ ] Heat problems

Hi When its real hot like today I try to work in the shade or my cave. My cave is about 55 degrees I think but I have a lot of rock to break up and remove. I will probably put electric and a phone in it soon and if it was dryer it could be a nice place to live.

Yes you were asking about symptoms. What you are describing below sounds like something I call "flare" which happens everytime I over do at all. Heat definitely makes it worse. Like 3 and 4 days exactly what you describe. And...... you just might have had a "bug." It is so hard to tease out sometimes. I have had these bouts for 12 years, and I have begun to see the things that wipe me out for days: Over doing. Overdoing and stressing. Overdoing and not eating properly. I will skate for a while on the edge - and then do something that pushes me over the edge. These are symptoms from the illness, not from any treatment - I am not getting any specific treatment at this time. Missed out on a clinical trial I really wanted to be in. Phase 3. The nurse didn't call me like she had promised. Must be a good reason. Take care.

>> I was really trying, thought I asked about symptomswed last week i over did it on the farm in the heat do not know it it is related but for sevral days I had flu like body aches, and headaches, no tenperater> > From our home to your home, we pray and speak blessings, success and prosperity.> Dr. Walter L. Scheu, Sr. - Pastor> Restoration Community Fellowship Church