RemedySpot.com

terminology

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks! I finally figured out what IBS was lol!

Im feeling ok, almost finished a 3rd doll, im on a roll.

I actually went out to the movies tonight, didnt know if i was gonna make it. Got the dreaded Diarahea about a 1/2 hour before we were due to leave so I almost whimped out. But hubby said, " You said you'd go. " and gave me the puppy dog eyes. SO i went, i was uncomfortable but i made it thru the entire movie. It was the Xmen movie by the way. and it was really really good and worth the nervousness.

Melinda

Melinda

Terminology

" I have to admit im a bit embarassed. I dont know alot of the terminology here on the list so please excuse my ignorance of some of the words you guys use. Im sure Ill get it all figured out by the end of the month. hehe. "

Hello Melinda,

I've hung around too many doctors. The other day when hubby and I were at the immunologists the Dr and I were talking medico and my man just sat there going " what? " LOL... I amaze myself at how much of it I know. I even asked my Dr when did I get my honorary medical degree and he thought it should be soon! hahaha...

Any terminology you don't know just ask. Someone here will know. There are many things here that I have no clue about also. Just ask - you're never stupid hon. It was all new to us once too remember!!

How are ya feeling?

Love A.

The Being Sick CommunityChat RoomDaily Chat at # on IRC DALnethttp://www.elderwyn.com/members/chat.htmlMemorial Pagehttp://www.elderwyn.com/members/inlovingmemory.htmlMembers Lounge*FREE counselling via email*Daily Horoscopes*FREE psychic/tarot readings via email*Daily cartoons*Medical Resources and more....http://www.elderwyn.com/members Members Profiles, locations and birthdaysMessage Archivesmessages/Upload your PictureTo subscribe or unsubscribesubscribe/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~“Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do even, if it's a long way from here. Hold on to your life, even if it's easier to let go. " - Pueblo Prayer

Guest guest

Hi Melinda,

I hope that I did not confuse you too much, did I! If I ever did, let me apologise, I was actually quoting what my docs said...

As what Aisha said, ask if you are not sure of anything. I do not know many things too,so I do have many questions to ask. What is important is that you know what you are unsure of, and you want to clarify your doubts!!!

Have a good day,

Ling

• 1 year later...

In a message dated 1/4/02 9:02:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, pinnut32000@... writes:

I got a copy of my biopsy report today in the mail and

was wondering if any of you have heard any terminology

like this: "The portal triads are free of significant

inflammation with rare eosinophils noted." ?

I checked the definition of eosinophils and found that

they are white blood cells. Do I have the correct

definition? Do any of your reports list anything like

that?

I wish I could help you, but all I could do would be what you're doing -- look in Google, etc., for information. If you don't understand something, ask. Too bad it's Friday night and you have to wait to ask.

Harper

I got a copy of my biopsy report today in the mail and

was wondering if any of you have heard any terminology

like this: " The portal triads are free of significant

inflammation with rare eosinophils noted. " ?

I checked the definition of eosinophils and found that

they are white blood cells. Do I have the correct

definition? Do any of your reports list anything like

that?

I have moderate to severe portal triad inflammation. The portal triad is where the three main vessels come together to make a triad. Thus the triaditis. That is good news for you that you don't have significant inflammation! Congrats on that. As for the eosinophils, I just know that the eosinophil part of the blood test refers to allergy component. If the eosinophil rate is high, there is a high chance of allergy in the system.

debby

[ ] terminology

I got a copy of my biopsy report today in the mail andwas wondering if any of you have heard any terminologylike this: "The portal triads are free of significantinflammation with rare eosinophils noted." ? I checked the definition of eosinophils and found thatthey are white blood cells. Do I have the correctdefinition? Do any of your reports list anything likethat? __________________________________________________

The reading of this report is very good.

AnnMN

[ ] terminology

> I got a copy of my biopsy report today in the mail and

> was wondering if any of you have heard any terminology

> like this: " The portal triads are free of significant

> inflammation with rare eosinophils noted. " ?

>

> I checked the definition of eosinophils and found that

> they are white blood cells. Do I have the correct

> definition? Do any of your reports list anything like

> that?

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

In a message dated 1/6/02 8:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, pcmcobb@... writes:

I have been subscribing to this group for over a year. I have only posted twice in that time and never signed my name. I have a history of liver dysfunction with elevated liver enzymes,

Carol, thanks for the information on eosinophils.

Harper

In a message dated 1/6/02 8:44:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, pcmcobb@... writes:

my area of expertise is dentistry.(I no longer practice but... I should be able to have some suggestions about TMJ. ) I missed the original post and saw your recommendation. I do know that TMJ syndrome can be exacerbated by sleeping on your side. That side of your face often suffers because of that. One thing that would help to lessen the problem is for the sufferer to sleep on his/her back. I will see what else I can uncover in all of my books packed in the basement. Carol

Carol, so I'm not imagining it! Thank you for writing; I really appreciate it. My dentist had said I probably ground my teeth in my sleep, although I've never noticed it, nor has my husband. I have suspected, privately, that sleeping with my face jammed unevenly against a pillow was a factor. Also, I have a habit of propping my chin on my hand when I think. Lately, that seems to make the TMJ worse. I suddenly developed the TMJ problem in September. My GP told me to take 24 Motrin tablets a day for three weeks. My dentist begged me not to, to try to just wait it out and rest my jaw as much as possible. I quit Motrin after taking three tablets. The TMJ is much better, much less painful now. Incidentally, Carol, my jaw has clicked ever since early childhood -- quite loudly when I was very young, less so now. Again, thanks for writing. How long have you had AIH and "brain fog"? Are you taking very much Prednisone? I began in May 2000 at 80 mg/d and had considerable problems with memory, with math and spelling, and with making quick, good decisions. In the past month or two, I think my mind is working fairly well again. I've been down to 5 mg/d for several months.

Harper

Hi everyone. I have been subscribing to this group for over a year. I have

only posted twice in that time and never signed my name. I have a history of

liver dysfunction with elevated liver enzymes, plus too many other medical

complications to list. Funny, I was reviewing some old copies of my medical

records today and came across a letter to my pcp from a doc I had seen for a 2nd

opinion many times over. This doc stated that I had a very complex medical

history and this was in 1983! He would certainly be overwhelmed if he knew all

that had been diagnosed in the 19 years since then. Anyway, I have a hard time

keeping up with all the posts, but generally recognize all the names and try to

read as much as I can. I do not know if eosinophils are normally present in the

portal triads, however, they will be reduced in numbers in circulating blood

with the administration of cortisone. If they are normally present, then

perhaps the " rare " eosinophil is a result of prednisone (if you are taking

pred). If they are not normally present, then the presence is possibly due to

there being no significant inflammation in the portal triads, but slight

inflammation. Eosinophils are present with allergic responses. They can be

released with the release of histamine or histamine-like substances from injured

cells. It would make sense with slight inflammation (if they are not normally

present). So the big question is whether eosinophils are normally present in

the portal triads? All in all, the report is good. I am not a physician and by

no means am stating that my thoughts are gospel. Happy New Year to all of you.

Carol

>

> From: Stearns <pinnut32000@...>

> Date: 2002/01/05 Sat AM 12:00:43 EST

>

> Subject: [ ] terminology

>

> I got a copy of my biopsy report today in the mail and

> was wondering if any of you have heard any terminology

> like this: " The portal triads are free of significant

> inflammation with rare eosinophils noted. " ?

>

> I checked the definition of eosinophils and found that

> they are white blood cells. Do I have the correct

> definition? Do any of your reports list anything like

> that?

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

My pleasure. I have such brain fog that I have a difficult time recalling a

great deal of my education. I am really embarrassed to say that my area of

expertise is dentistry.(I no longer practice but... I should be able to have

some suggestions about TMJ. ) I missed the original post and saw your

recommendation. I do know that TMJ syndrome can be exacerbated by sleeping on

your side. That side of your face often suffers because of that. One thing

that would help to lessen the problem is for the sufferer to sleep on his/her

back. I will see what else I can uncover in all of my books packed in the

basement. Carol

>

> From: flatcat9@...

> Date: 2002/01/06 Sun PM 11:19:58 EST

>

> Subject: Re: [ ] terminology

>

> In a message dated 1/6/02 8:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,

> pcmcobb@... writes:

>

>

> > I have been subscribing to this group for over a year. I have only posted

> > twice in that time and never signed my name. I have a history of liver

> >

>

> Carol, thanks for the information on eosinophils.

> Harper

>

>

In a message dated 1/6/02 8:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, pcmcobb@... writes:

I have been subscribing to this group for over a year. I have only posted twice in that time and never signed my name. I have a history of liver dysfunction with elevated liver enzymes,

Carol, thanks for the information on eosinophils.

Harper

Harper,

One problem I found that aggravates my TMJ is talking on the phone on that

side and carrying your pocketbook on that shoulder. Night gard worked well

for me. Haven't had problems in years. Hope this helps.

Wow! I am a side sleeper! But I also wear a night guard on my upper jaw. It has seemed to help. debby

Re: [ ] terminology> > In a message dated 1/6/02 8:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, > pcmcobb@... writes:> > > > I have been subscribing to this group for over a year. I have only posted > > twice in that time and never signed my name. I have a history of liver > > > > Carol, thanks for the information on eosinophils.> Harper> >

Carol, maybe you can point me in the right direction for a few of us who have Celiac Sprue and AIH. And this is a dentistry question.

I know that celiac sprue in children causes tooth enamel problems, and much, if not all of the literature of celiac and enamel are only written for pediatric dentists.

HOWEVER, I am wondering if you know of any articles, books, etc which I could show my dentist to help him understand the enamel erosion that I have. It is my belief (from what research I have been able to uncover), that my tooth problems are rooted in the undiagnosed celiac sprue for the last 23 years. I am also beginning to wonder if Autoimmune problems also can affect the enamel.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks...debby

Re: [ ] terminology

In a message dated 1/6/02 8:44:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, pcmcobb@... writes:

my area of expertise is dentistry.(I no longer practice but... I should be able to have some suggestions about TMJ. ) I missed the original post and saw your recommendation. I do know that TMJ syndrome can be exacerbated by sleeping on your side. That side of your face often suffers because of that. One thing that would help to lessen the problem is for the sufferer to sleep on his/her back. I will see what else I can uncover in all of my books packed in the basement. CarolCarol, so I'm not imagining it! Thank you for writing; I really appreciate it. My dentist had said I probably ground my teeth in my sleep, although I've never noticed it, nor has my husband. I have suspected, privately, that sleeping with my face jammed unevenly against a pillow was a factor. Also, I have a habit of propping my chin on my hand when I think. Lately, that seems to make the TMJ worse. I suddenly developed the TMJ problem in September. My GP told me to take 24 Motrin tablets a day for three weeks. My dentist begged me not to, to try to just wait it out and rest my jaw as much as possible. I quit Motrin after taking three tablets. The TMJ is much better, much less painful now. Incidentally, Carol, my jaw has clicked ever since early childhood -- quite loudly when I was very young, less so now. Again, thanks for writing. How long have you had AIH and "brain fog"? Are you taking very much Prednisone? I began in May 2000 at 80 mg/d and had considerable problems with memory, with math and spelling, and with making quick, good decisions. In the past month or two, I think my mind is working fairly well again. I've been down to 5 mg/d for several months. Harper