RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Ferritin level

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well Im pretty sure that yours is elevated because of the hep Kamal,, but go and read but dont scare yourself with all the "what if's",, ok?Kamal Shah <kamalshah20@...> wrote: Thanks Chris! I'll do that right away!Kamal On 2/16/07, CHRISTINE <novara12002 > wrote: Dear Kamal, Try going to www.webmd.com and look up ferritin. The reason I suggest this is because their are multiple reasons for a person to have a high ferritin level and this would need to be pinpointed down. All the best!! >> The only way to reduce your iron levels is phlebotomy , but that would drop your hemaglobin . Are you seeing a Hematologist ?> Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000. > > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further? > > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy > -- ThanksKamal'Never ask a man what computer he uses.If it's a Mac, he'll tell

you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy Jackie

Sure Jackie. I've also just written to Dr. Cecil about the ferritin.On 2/16/07, Jackie on <redjaxjm@...

> wrote:

well Im pretty sure that yours is elevated because of the hep Kamal,, but go and read but dont scare yourself with all the " what if's " ,, ok?Kamal Shah <kamalshah20@

gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Chris! I'll do that right away!Kamal On 2/16/07, CHRISTINE <

novara12002@...> wrote:

Dear Kamal, Try going to www.webmd.com and look up ferritin. The reason I suggest this is because their are multiple reasons for a person to have a high ferritin level and this would need to be pinpointed down. All the best!! >> The only way to reduce your iron levels is phlebotomy , but that would drop your hemaglobin . Are you seeing a Hematologist ?> Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000. > > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further? > > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy > -- ThanksKamal'Never ask a man what computer he uses.

If it's a Mac, he'll tell

you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy Jackie

-- ThanksKamal'Never ask a man what computer he uses.If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy

With ferritin levels that high it wouldnt matter what the cause is , just that treatment is necessary because high ferritin causes further liver damage and destroys the heart and kidneys .

Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000.> > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further?> > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy>

More than likely it is but he should be tested for the genetic hemachromatosis to be safe . Either way with ferritin levels that high it could also prevent SVR .

Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000. > > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further? > > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy >

-- ThanksKamal'Never ask a man what computer he uses.If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy Jackie

thats right,, what I was getting to is that when you read about all the "possible" reasons for it, it can scare the heck out of ya, so he does need to have his doc address it,, but dont make himself scared by all the what ifs,, elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: With ferritin levels that high it wouldnt matter what the cause is , just that treatment is necessary because high ferritin causes further liver damage and destroys the heart and kidneys . Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000.> > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen

every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further?> > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy> Jackie

Good, let us know what he has to say about it,, we can all learn from this!Kamal Shah <kamalshah20@...> wrote: Sure Jackie. I've also just written to Dr. Cecil about the ferritin. On 2/16/07, Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well Im

pretty sure that yours is elevated because of the hep Kamal,, but go and read but dont scare yourself with all the "what if's",, ok?Kamal Shah <kamalshah20@ gmail.com> wrote: Thanks Chris! I'll do that right away!Kamal On 2/16/07, CHRISTINE < novara12002 > wrote: Dear Kamal, Try going to www.webmd.com and look up ferritin. The reason

I suggest this is because their are multiple reasons for a person to have a high ferritin level and this would need to be pinpointed down. All the best!! >> The only way to reduce your iron levels is phlebotomy , but that would drop your hemaglobin . Are you seeing a Hematologist ?> Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level

is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000. > > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further? > > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy > -- ThanksKamal'Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy Jackie -- ThanksKamal'Never ask a man what computer he uses.If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy Jackie

I totally agree

Ferritin level> > > Hi all,> > Iam Genotype 3. I've completed 19 weeks of treatment (Pegintron) and not yet clear.> > My Ferritin level is 1860. Hemoglobin is 8, WBC is 1200 and platelets are 80,000.> > I'm taking 14,000 units per week of Epoetein alpha (Procrit) and a shot of neupogen every week. > > Is there a way to decrease the ferritin level and yet not reduce the Hemoglobin further?> > -- > > Thanks> Kamal> > 'Never ask a man what computer he uses.> If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If it's not, why embarrass him?' - Tom Clancy>

Jackie

• 1 year later...

They are very similar products and Ferrous Fumarate should work as well.

Luv - Sheila

EDITED TO REDUCE PREVIOUS MESSAGEHi, sheila, I am really confused about the type of iron supplement, someOTC "drug" is as Ferrous Fumarate, not the Ferrous Sulphate, is thereany difference between them?Fragrance

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1667 - Release Date: 11/09/2008 18:55

---- fragrance_seen <fragrance_seen@...> wrote:

>

> Thanks, Sam,

>

> I forgot to post my VB12 level, it is 245 (156-672), is it too low, too?

Take some. There was a paper published yesterday that found that B12 will keep

your brain from shrinking as you grow old.

Chuck

If you have a very low ferritin (stored iron) then you need to get this built up as quickly as possible, otherwise, the little stored iron you have will be used up and you will go anaemic. There is no need to take Ferrous Sulphate or Fumerate if your ferritin level is normal. I cannot answer your question regarding testing to find out the cause of low ferritin.I do know that once your ferritin is back to where it should be, you will find a lot of your symptoms disappearing and your body will be able to cope with thyroid hormone replacement much better.

Luv - Sheila

I wonder if it is good for me to take the iron supplement or not. Aslong as the ferritin level is low, one should take iron as supplement?Is it necessary to have the iron binding capacity and iron level testedto find out the real reasons of low ferritin?Fragrance>> They are very similar products and Ferrous Fumarate should work aswell.>> Luv - Sheila>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1670 - Release Date: 13/09/2008 12:50

Your doctor should be able to interpret your B12 results Fragrance. Have a look at this link http://www.labtestsonline.org.uk/understanding/conditions/vitaminb12.html - you can type 'Ferritin' into the search engine there and read about that too.

Luv - Sheila

That vit B12 level may or may not be alright ---Hi, bob. I don't getwhat you mean....sorry..

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1670 - Release Date: 13/09/2008 12:50

Hi Fragrance

Mgs or mgs is short for millograms. Mcg or mcg is short for micrograms. These are measurements of dosages - I am not sure what the equivalent is in Chinese.

Luv - Sheila

Hi, Sheila,What do you mean by" mgs", Do you mean "mg"?1000mg=1g, right?Fragrance>> HI Fragrance>> Yes, your ferritin is far too low. Dr Friedman who is one of themedical advisers to our forum says that people who have a ferritin levelof less than 60 should be treated with some form of elemental iron. Yourdoctor will probably prescribe for you Ferrous Sulphate 200 mgs, in thefirst instance to be taken twice a day. You should take high dose ofVitamin C (2000/3000mgs daily) with Ferrous Sulphate. You should alsoeat foods that are high in iron. You need to aim to get your ferritinlevel up to around 70 to 90.>> Go to our website www.tpa-uk.org.uk and click on 'Hypothyroidism's andthen click on 'Associated Conditions' and on the page that opens, clickon Ferritin (or Haemochromotisis) - not sure of the title there.Haemochormotosis is too much ferritin, and it tells you about both ofthese in the article..>> Luv - Sheila>>> My lab result of Ferritin 34.2 (6-159),>> Is that too low? What should I do now?>>>>>>>----------------------------------------------------------\------>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1667 - Release Date:11/09/2008 18:55>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1671 - Release Date: 14/09/2008 07:16