RemedySpot.com

Ruth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/11/02 9:58:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Hi Everyone,

I have been having pain in my colon area, and noticed fresh blood in my stool. I called my doctor and he scheduled a colononscopy. I am wondering whether I may have PSC or PBC in addition to AIH. I have so much itching and that may be why the doctor prescribed the Ursoidol. I will be asking a lot of questions, at the test. I have been having continual pain in my liver area, and sometimes I can hardly stand it. Since I have only been on predisone for a month and just started Imuran, it probably takes awhile to feel better.

Anyway, Thanks for listening.

Ruth

PSC and PBC often go with AIH, as "overlap" diseases. I'm proud of you for getting to the doctor quickly about these problems.

Just to control the symptom of itching, not the underlying cause, you might want a prescription for Atarax. It works wonders. Avoid hot showers and medicated powders, as they increase itching.

Harper

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hello Rhonda,

I am so frustrated..... I just wrote you a long e-mail telling you about my doctor's appointment, and the server kicked me off, so I lost it!!! I hate that.

I will give you a shorter version of what I wrote. I feel really good about the appointment. The doctor ruled out pancreatitis, and she is sending me to a new gastro since my other one left to practice in California. My primary and this new doctor think I may have an overlapping thing with the AIH, they think I may have primary biliary cirrhosis. This is what I thought I had before being diagnosed with AIH. It is so similiar to my history. I had a lymph node in my common bile duct and it kept narrowing several times, despite stents, but they could never figure out why. They eventually had to make me a new bile duct from a small piece of my intestine, 8 hour surgery up at OSHU, a teaching hospital in Portland.

I feel like I will be getting answers soon. The doctor said today she was really relieved she thought I might have an abscess. She said the blood tests came back normal. We both forgot about the lobe in my lung, so I asked the nurse to have the doctor call when she gets the chance.

I so enjoyed your letter Rhonda. I hope you had a good day, please let me know how it went whether good or bad. What is Moocher and Wooster doing tonight, hopefully they are being good babies for you. You sounded so mischevious when you described your experiences on your grandparent's farm, I bet you were a cutie, with all that mischief. Probably a very bright child, those smart kids you gotta watch out for, they keep you on your toes, but they also provide the spice in life. I better sign off before I lose another letter.

Love You,

Ruth

savedbybunnies <rbsteff@...> wrote: Hi there Ruth, how did your Dr. appt go today?Rhonda/TN

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thankyou Ruth,

Mothers can be so uncaring. I am the oppisite of my mother,

didnt want to be like her.

I have more problems......

Who can I turn too? What a mess, this just might break my spirit.

read on....

Take care Ruth,

Im buckling up for this ride..