RemedySpot.com

Re: My GI appointment

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 11/6/02 5:44:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Cheryl, I am glad you are having the biopsy sooner. Just 15 pounds

overweight? Was this doctor stick thin?

No, she is 7 months pregnant though. She seemed very laid back. I hope hope hope that it is fatty liver, and the biopsy will set my mind at ease.

Cheryl

Cheryl, I am glad you are having the biopsy sooner. Just 15 pounds

overweight? Was this doctor stick thin? Sometimes they are amazing. It is

good that you enzymes came down a little, but it is unlikely that losing 15

pounds would make the enzymes go down THAT much. Good for you to stick to

your guns!

debby

[ ] My GI appointment

> I had my GI appointment today. She was very nice and listened to what I

had

> to say. She said that she thinks I have fatty liver disease. She told me

to

> lose 5-10 pounds and come back in 3 months and get rechecked and that if

my

> enzymes are still high that she would do a liver biopsy and if they were

> normal she would let me be. My liver functions are still high, they did

drop

> a few points to AST 265 ALT 401 from 3 weeks ago. She said that sometimes

> fatty liver doesn't show up on ultrasound and I asked her if with the

levels

> of my enzymes would the fatty liver be more likely to show up. She said

it

> should but there is always an exception to the rule.

>

>

> I told her that I didn't want to hope for my enzymes to go down and leave

it

> at that, that I really wanted to know what was going on. We discussed it

a

> few minutes and she said that she would do the liver biopsy sooner. I am

> getting it on November 22.

>

> I really really hope that I have fatty liver disease. I am about 15

pounds

> overweight and could use a push to get the extra weight off. I have lost

> more pounds since 3 weeks ago, which shocked me because I haven't eaten

well

> at all. I didn't tell her about my joint pain since she didn't ask. She

> said she will call me next week when the blood test for the auto

antibodies

> comes in.

>

> Thanks for the ears!

> Cheryl

>

>

In a message dated 11/7/02 12:43:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, grandma417_2000@... writes:

Debby I agree!! The doctor must be looking at old weight charts!! I would only be 15 pounds overweight; IF I WERE TWINS!! Cheryl, you have to be in excellent shape if you are only 15 pounds overweight!! HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE! Beckie

I am 5 feet 5 inches and wear a size 12. I weigh 174 pounds. I am very muscular and large boned. I belong to a ladies fitness center and they are the ones who calculated my amount overweight, based on bone structure muscle mass etc... I am sure with the outdated weight charts that my doctor most likely uses I am 30 or more pounds overweight. She looked at me and said to not feel fat, because thin people also get fatty liver.

Cheryl

Debby I agree!! The doctor must be looking at old weight charts!! I would only be 15 pounds overweight; IF I WERE TWINS!! Cheryl, you have to be in excellent shape if you are only 15 pounds overweight!! HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!

Beckie

Homeykat@... wrote:

In a message dated 11/6/02 5:44:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, tdcc2000@... writes:

Cheryl, I am glad you are having the biopsy sooner. Just 15 poundsoverweight? Was this doctor stick thin? No, she is 7 months pregnant though. She seemed very laid back. I hope hope hope that it is fatty liver, and the biopsy will set my mind at ease.Cheryl

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Hi

A HIDA scan is a nuclear medicine test done to detect infections or other abnormalities of the gallbladder or bile ducts, or to evaluate unexplained abdominal pain. A special machine called a nuclear scanner will take pictures of the gallbladder and bile ducts following the injection of a radioactive material that will make areas of infection or obstruction more visible.

http://www.universityhealth.org/body.cfm?id=38070

You have a really really good Gastro doc.

You are very lucky.

Some docs just yank the Gull Bladder out and call it a day.

Your doc is on the ball.

love

don in ks

From: Barrett <barrjohnm@...>Subject: [ ] my GI appointment Date: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12:06 AM

Hi,well I talked to the Gi surgeon, and it turned out she does not think I need my gal bladder removed. I will be doing a HIDA test, not sure what this is. And maybe a MRI scan too. she said removing the gal blader although not that big of a deal,is a last resort! Her plan is to do some test and see if it is neccesarry. She did say that the interferron cuases inflamation to the liver, which mine is inflammed quite a bit, but the interferon can also cause inflammation in the gal bladder. Her concern is since I never had this pain before treatment she thinks that is is due tot he interferon.I am hoping for the best, and I will let you know how things turn out next week!ny

Guest guest

HI Don,thank you so very much!yes I was very impressed with the GI Doctor, not only was she really nice, explain the whole gall bladder to me, but really know her stuff on Hep C and interferon that made me happy. I have a really good feeling about her that she is really good and is looking out for me, I feel lucky to have such a great doctor! Yes the other doctor I saw just said lets remove it, this doctor thought no way, no gall stones and if there is no infection, which can cause other problems there is no need. I will find out soon, I was very impressed with her!thanks so much for the link, I am checking this now.you really know your stuff!!I see now that this HIDA test sees if the gal bladder is infected, sees the bile stuff and explains the stomach pains. I am really

hopeful that the pains I have is just due to the liver and/or gal balder being inflamed, but I am happy to know the doctors are looking into it and I will know soon.thanks so much!ny