RemedySpot.com

4th day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

My CWD operation was in July. At the time the ctoma had reached the dura although from my understanding it had only adhered(?) to the first layer and there was no need for the surgeon to do a repair. I was told at the time that there was a risk of meningitis from an infection and I really overdid the antibiotics to allay my fears. The symptoms or warning signs I was told to watch for was severe pain, fever and headaches to the point where you black out. I would think that 4 days after surgery there would be so much drainage anyway just from the surgery. The surgeon has probably had to remove a lot of bone to reach the dura. Things for me eased up within 2 weeks but I still get some drainage now as the area is still healing.

Good Luck, but try not to do as I did and turn up in th emergency dept frightened to death of what turned out to be sleeping with an extra blanket. (no fever after all).

Cheers Liesel

Message: 6Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:54:18 -0000From: "kathycares" Subject: 4th dayIs it normal for the ear to swell really big and then the drainage to start? At the same time this happens he does complain with a salty taste in the mouth. (surgery 4 days ago with a 2x2 cemeniter tear in dura)Does anyone know of anyone who had a tear in the dura so we can have something to compare to. Every sign makes us think we are headed toward memigities Scared to death!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dr keeps telling us that even if the dura is leaking he aon't do anything for 2 weeks. What should we do??/I wish we had never had this done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personals

- New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!

• 4 years later...

This is my fourth day of a high fat/protein diet. I went from a Raw

fruit/veggie diet. I lost 2lbs, have extreme drainage from my nose. I

sleep like a baby after suffering years of insomnia. I feel really

good. I know without a doubt that this works really well.

Thanks, Bee!

Bernadette

• 6 months later...

Hi Sheila,

I know I am not on a 'full' dose yet, 15-20mg is what they say is a full dose I think. I know I am guilty of thinking and even more so worrying ahead, I am hoping this gets better cos Im sure this is what gives me headache, stress headaches at that, I think because one of the other members on here felt something straight away I was hoping to! But I am at stage 4 on the adrenal scale he is stage 2 so thats the difference, there are 7 stages as you know so I am quite way down on the scale when you look at it like that. Thanks for always replying Sheila it gives me the reasurrance I need!

From: sheilaturner <sheilaturner@...>Subject: Re: 4th Daythyroid treatment Date: Sunday, 24 August, 2008, 4:06 PM

Hi

You really cannot expect to feel very much at all on such a low dose and you haven't even had a full day yet of your raised dosage. You know the old saying "A watched pot never boils".

luv - Sheila

This is day 4 on cortisone, 2.5mg twice a day as from today, still nothing to report! I am beginning to think I really do need it and probably more than I thought. I wonder what dose will make me feel something? It will be 2 weeks on tues since I took any thyroxine, I wonder if when I restart that then things might start moving? Planning on starting that next friday or sat. Got headache today, all around the eyes, might get them tested again soon, I have had so many eyes test since I became hypo!No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.7/1629 - Release Date: 23/08/2008 13:16

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.