RemedySpot.com

Re: dde8002000 LiverSupport group@... GOOD REPOR Been o...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/29/02 4:14:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, dde8002000@... writes:

Hello!!!! First let me give you my report!!! Saw the Dr. on25 , he said my blood work look real good. Need to get blood test in two months then he will call me .If it is still good he will reduce my prednisone to 5mgs. Then two more months if I am still good he will take to 2.5 two more months if it is still good. I AM OFF PREDNISONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW CAN YOU BELIVE IT!!! i AM SO HAPPY He will up the azathioprine from 50 to 75. He said I my have soom hair loss.but we would cross that bridge when we get there. I am still on urso, prilosec,norvasc spironolact,permarin,promethazinc only if i get to feeling sick.

Sherri, I'm very happy for you about the good blood tests! What wonderful news!

As for the computer viruses, do you have virus protection such as Norton or McAffee installed? If you don't, you really need to get it. Also, you need to update it frequently by going on-line.

Congratulations on your blood tests!

Harper

Hello dde8002000@... (jim spicer),

In reference to your comment:

è Have any of

è you been of pred before??

I was on prednisone from age 15, to about age 31. I managed okay on 10 to 15 mg's a day for most of that time, but when I was sent to the hospital for the transplant screening and testing they were determined to get me off of it. That did take quite a while to bring me down off of it, I'd say about a year. Tried to stop at about 2.5 mgs . . . got really light headed and funky feeling, so back on, every other day for a while longer. It all seems to have worked out, been pred free about 3 years and holding my own.

Initially on pred I did put on quite a bit of weight, but after a few years I guess I just got used to it and gradually it dropped back off. Sometimes salt just tasted much too wonderful. The woman I live with has RA, pred is used to ward off some of her flair ups, she too can sympathize with the effects of the drug.

Just my 2 pennies about prednisone

Kimberlee*

Hi! Harper yes i do have some protection, we did get the Norton ,WE don't know how to install it . Have to wait for kids to help!!!! That is bad isn't it!!!! Any way it is good to be back on. and I do feel good! Thanks Sherry

flatcat9@... wrote: In a message dated 1/29/02 4:14:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, dde8002000@... writes:

Hello!!!! First let me give you my report!!! Saw the Dr. on25 , he said my blood work look real good. Need to get blood test in two months then he will call me .If it is still good he will reduce my prednisone to 5mgs. Then two more months if I am still good he will take to 2.5 two more months if it is still good. I AM OFF PREDNISONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW CAN YOU BELIVE IT!!! i AM SO HAPPY He will up the azathioprine from 50 to 75. He said I my have soom hair loss.but we would cross that bridge when we get there. I am still on urso, prilosec,norvasc spironolact,permarin,promethazinc only if i get to feeling sick. Sherri, I'm very happy for you about the good blood tests! What wonderful news! As for the computer viruses, do you have virus protection such as Norton or McAffee installed? If you don't, you really need to get it. Also, you need to update it frequently by going on-line. Congratulations on your blood tests! Harper