not prescribing the 6MP.

I checked it out in the PDR, and it did little to reduce my

apprehension. My gastro assures me that 50mg is a low

dosage. He will order blood drawn every two weeks to determine

my CBC levels. He is increasing the prednisone also for two

weeks as an overlap until the 6MP kicks in. Then, I will taper the

prednisone again for three weeks.

I am going to have to program myself or use one of those

erasable boards everyone was talking about last week.

Any information on 6MP and your experiences with it woud be

appreciated.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Hereunder a message I sent a couple of weeks ago about my experiences with 6mp. Meanwhile I called my doctor and he lowered my 6mp prescribtion to 25mg. The hair loss is a lot better! And since yesterday the rash is getting a bit better. And I also feel a lot better. Hope it stays this way. End of the month I will have blood work done. I will let you know what the outcome is. And 50mg 6mp is a very low dosage. I had to buy a special medicine cutter to cut the pills in half (under 50mg they are not available).

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Greetings

Hello everyone,

Went to the doctor last week told him about my tiredness and skin rash. He changed my prescription from imuran 50 mg to 6mp 50mg. I also use 10 mg prednison. He hoped that the skin rash would disappear. But it very rapidly got worse, a lot worse (the itching too). My whole back, neck, shoulders are covered. its even in my hair, on my whole chest to my belly and i think it continues to spread; also small spots on my arms, face and legs. Does any of you have experience with this. Will the spots and the itching go away after a couple of weeks once my body is a bit used to 6mp or should I call him and call for help? They say it is not contagous is this true? I am a little worried for my family.

I am only using it for a couple of days now but so far I don't have any joint or muscle pains like i normally have when I use imuran. I always thought these pains were due to aih or prednison. I also am not so tired as usual (it feels different).

Could anyone please provide me with some info? Is there a way to get rid of this rash?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Greetings Loes from The Netherlands

[ ] 6MP

Is anyone here taking 6MP for their AIH? My LFT's are slowly increasing on just prednisone, so my gastro has prescribed 50 mg of 6MP. He said that it is the "father" of Imuran and is more concentrated. I would have to take 100mg of Imuran if he were not prescribing the 6MP.I checked it out in the PDR, and it did little to reduce my apprehension. My gastro assures me that 50mg is a low dosage. He will order blood drawn every two weeks to determine my CBC levels. He is increasing the prednisone also for two weeks as an overlap until the 6MP kicks in. Then, I will taper the prednisone again for three weeks. I am going to have to program myself or use one of those erasable boards everyone was talking about last week.Any information on 6MP and your experiences with it woud be appreciated.

Guest guest

Loes,

Thank you for the information on 6-MP. Before I was diagnosed

with AIH, I seldom took any medications (even for headaches),

so I am really apprehensive about drugs. I guess with AIH that

will change and soon. Thank you for helping me prepare for

possible side effects.

Also want to let everyone know that it is still snowing here. The

heavy sighs you can hear probably all the way to the Netherlands

are from the farmers in our area. This snow will tremendously

relieve their irrigation worries. However, even with the 20 inches

the mountains are supposed to receive, the snow pack is well

below normal. We got about six inches down here in the valley

yesterday, and the weather man forecasts that much again

today. Two inches of new snow has fallen already this morning.

Thanks again for the information and for relieving my anxiety.

-- snow-covered, but HAPPY in Wyoming

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi Debby.....Im on 75mg 6mp. I have seen something about the sun but dont ask me where! But in anycase, I cannot expose myself to sun (longer than 10 mins at max) because apart from getting dizzy & wonky on my legs, I now come out in heat rash & feel sick. May be a coincidence, as our sun is quite fierce....so maybe someone else knows if there's any written material on it.

Love Jan

[ ] 6MP

Need some help here. I thought that if we were on immunosuppresants or prednisone, that we should avoid long time exposures in the sun. Now, I cannot find that information anywhere. Does anyone have ANY thoughts on this? Since beginning this stuff, I think that I just get way way too hot, and that my tolerance for the sun has plummeted to a big fat zero.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this?

Debby

Guest guest

Jan, that is my problem! I have read it somewhere. I can't for the LIFE of me find it! If you do find it, please let me know!

Debby

[ ] 6MP

Need some help here. I thought that if we were on immunosuppresants or prednisone, that we should avoid long time exposures in the sun. Now, I cannot find that information anywhere. Does anyone have ANY thoughts on this? Since beginning this stuff, I think that I just get way way too hot, and that my tolerance for the sun has plummeted to a big fat zero.

Debby

Guest guest

Hi Debby,

I am on Prednison and 6 mp as well. And I just love the sun. I always use a good suncreme and avoid the extreme hot hours. I thought that the sun in combination with medication could cause skin irritation. So I like to be carefull but I love the sun too much to avoid her.

Good Luck

Loes

[ ] 6MP

Debby