RemedySpot.com

Re: My opinion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I would add something to Doug's wise comment. Every decision in

medicine - yours and your doctor's - should be based on risk vs.

benefit for the treatment you are considering. Only a small percentage

of Xolair patients have the kinds of reactions we've been discussing

(itching, rash), 2% instead of 1% with the placebo in the pre-marketing

studies. That is a small risk for any individual to be weighed against

the likely great benefit Xolair will provide in treatment of moderate

to severe asthma.

Now, if you're one of the 2% who has this reaction and you talk to

someone else here or elsewhere who had a similar reaction, it suddenly

seeems like the reaction happens often. But if we polled everyone here,

we'd probably find that it's really only a small percentage.

In my case, I'm suspicious but not yet certain that the itching and

rash I had were from the Xolair rather than some allergen, and only

time will tell. But again, weighing the symptoms against the great

benefit I've received from Xolair, I'm not even considering stopping

the Xolair. That's the type of decision everyone of us has to make,

along with our docs, when things like this come up.

Fran

>

>

> I also posted this a few days ago:

>

> " If you are not comfortable and concerned about reactions, then you

> have every right to refuse to take this medication. "

>

> It's up to you, the patient :)

>

> Doug

> Group founder

> On Xolair 3+ years, No reactions and NO MORE need for Prednisone!!!

>

• 9 months later...

Not offending me at all. I didn't watch it, I don't watch that show because I think they are lame. But I do appreciate your story. There were a lot of times I wish I had a good snappy reply years ago!!

Speaking of Walt Disney, we waited many many years before we went just because our younger ds had speech delay and is autistic - just a bad combo and to avoid scenes but mostly to avoid losing him (he is a wanderer). So we finally went and he was 9 yo, I think. We got there in the morning and headed over to Epcot. We walked through the whole place and the only two times our ds acted interested was when a) he saw a cart selling PEPSI products and B) he saw a fern plant (they were studying plants in science at the time.) I even have a photo of him standing by that fern all happy. Forget all the buildings, smells and people - he noticed the fern. LOL. All I remember saying is I can't believe we flew all that way to see a fern plant. LOL. augh.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) my opinion

I don't know ......I'm sure you are all going to hate me now but I saw the humour in that clip because that could have been me and Adam when he was a kid. Joy made me laugh....I think laughing at ourselves is healthy....I don't think Joy meant any harm by it , I really don't. Maybe in that instance it was good that she stopped to think that maybe there was a reason the kid was acting up , not because the mom was a poor excuse for a mom...which is what people always assumed with me. When Adam was 4 , was 8 we went to Disney World....OMG !!! what were we thinking....anyway, just like the kid in the restaurant that Joy saw ..we were in along line up for a show in Disney World and this was Adam " IS IT GOING TO START NOW ...IS IT GOING TO START NOW....and this was me ...NO Adam , we have to wait ...IS IT GOING TO START NOW ...IS IT GOING TO START NOW ....then all of a sudden this lady and not a wrinkled lady either, but someone in her 30's turned around and yelled "IS THAT CHILD DEAF OR WHAT " ????? ....Wayne who is never at a loss for words, said "YES HE IS " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and he wasn't) and I just started bawling cuz that was what I did best !!!!!!!!!!!! If that had been today perhaps that lady would not have turned around and yelled but instead would have thought" Maybe that child has a problem that's cauzing him to yell that same thing over and over "....anyway, just my opinion. I hope I haven't offended anyone. hugsbrenda

Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."

Author Ben

HO HO HO, if you've been nice this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

So glad you weren't offended either :-)

hugs

brenda

Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry

Author Ben

From: jjgonzalez30@...Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:20:24 -0800Subject: Re: ( ) my opinion

I agree, When I fall I laugh and my girlfriends laugh at me/with me whatever.. I feel life isn't that serious educating people is one thing but laughing at our self is healthy. Plus I feel my son does some funny stuff and it may not be funny to him but its funny.. Now after I explain to my son who has AS why it was funny he laughs at him self which makes me laugh with him. Comedy is healthy and we may never agree 100% that some comedians are funny but they are just trying to make people laugh. Lampenelli Queen of mean is funny but very mean.. Sorry if anyone doesn't agree.

Much Respect

Lowry <flyballmomhotmail> wrote:

I don't know ......I'm sure you are all going to hate me now but I saw the humour in that clip because that could have been me and Adam when he was a kid. Joy made me laugh....I think laughing at ourselves is healthy....I don't think Joy meant any harm by it , I really don't. Maybe in that instance it was good that she stopped to think that maybe there was a reason the kid was acting up , not because the mom was a poor excuse for a mom...which is what people always assumed with me. When Adam was 4 , was 8 we went to Disney World....OMG !!! what were we thinking....anyway, just like the kid in the restaurant that Joy saw ..we were in along line up for a show in Disney World and this was Adam " IS IT GOING TO START NOW ...IS IT GOING TO START NOW....and this was me ...NO Adam , we have to wait ...IS IT GOING TO START NOW ...IS IT GOING TO START NOW ....then all of a sudden this lady and not a wrinkled lady either, but someone in her 30's turned around and yelled "IS THAT CHILD DEAF OR WHAT " ????? ....Wayne who is never at a loss for words, said "YES HE IS " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and he wasn't) and I just started bawling cuz that was what I did best !!!!!!!!!!!! If that had been today perhaps that lady would not have turned around and yelled but instead would have thought" Maybe that child has a problem that's cauzing him to yell that same thing over and over "....anyway, just my opinion. I hope I haven't offended anyone. hugsbrenda

Wags! Wags! Wags!

Lowry

Author Ben

HO HO HO, if you've been nice this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Discover a magical Christmas destination. Visit asksanta.ca today!