RemedySpot.com

My opinion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sponagle:Do I see this correctly, you want to unsubscribe? Hmmm?

Debbie Abby's mom

MISponagle <sponagle2003@...> wrote:

I have been away for awhile. I just thought I could offer an opinion. Afterall, isn't this group about opinon and/or advice?Firstly, If you are visiting this site you are concerned about the shape of a child's head. Actually an infant's head would be more precise. Therefore, your gut instinct is telling you that something is not right. Your doctor may say it is alright but your mother or father instinct is saying, "No way! This is not right!"As parents we anticipate that we would do everything possible for our beloved children. That is why you are here, that is why you are researching Positional Plagiocephaly and this wonderful site.If you are asking will Positional Plagiocephaly lead to permanent problems, the answer is an undeniable yes. Untreated plagiocephaly can lead to jaw/ear misalignement, noticeable facial asymmetry, protruded or bossed forehead along with the increased possibility for diminished self-esteem. There is growing evidence to suggest Positional Plagiocephaly can lead to Torticollis. Many experts suggest that Torticollis and Plagiocephaly go hand in hand. It is possible for Plagiocephaly to be caused by existing torticollis and also possible for the headshape itself(plagio) to cause Torticollis.There are certainly many arguements amongst medical professionals regarding Plagiocepahly. Let me attempt to set some to rest.Firstly, Once the headshape is moulded past the age of 5-6 months chances are very high that the head shape would have been moulded and therefore continue to grow in the same shape making the deformity permanent. It is possible for facial and skull asymmetry to become less noticeable as the head shape matures into adulthood. This follows the premise whereas the head shape is larger and all imperfectons are less noticeable... But does the head round out? NO!The main arguement that I would like to set to rest. Do hemets work? Yes! Yes! Yes! A quality product in qualified hands can certainly produce marvelous results for most plagio-patients. The younger and the sooner the better. Along with quality of product and treatment provider it should be noted that parents have a substantial committment both mentally and monetarily. Without the extreme dedication from the parents the helmet is worth nil to little........Truth be told, I am scared as hell for all the youngsters that are out there with parents who are hopeful in believing that their doctors are right and their darling child's head will round out as promised. Egyptians moulded heads for centuries for the first years of a child's life. It was done as a sign of royalty. The fact is that the moulding was permanent. It did not revert. Therefore, why would the external pressures applied to an infant's skull associated with Back to Sleep be any different?I am going to close with the following advice. If your child is older than 5-6 months of age, has plagiocephaly, and after professional consult you , as a parent are still very much concerned with the shape of your child's head,then please, get the helmet. It is better to say that you are glad you did then to wish you did..................and did not!This is not meant as guilt. This is my opinion. If a child has Plagiocephaly then they have a condition. Like all conditions they should be monitored and/or treated. If repositioning doesn't work by 5 months of age, then get the helmet. But get the ball rolling to have treatment lined up if required.I may not have scientific evidence to support all my claims but I can tell you I have a son with a healthy and socially acceptable shaped head that he would not have had if it were not for his helmet.As a parent you have the final say on your child's care. However, if you are asking yourself if helmets work the answer is YES. Will nature round your child's head? Miracles happen. Is it likely that nature will round the already moulded skull? Doubt it!This was meant as help not as a hinderance.Please UnsubscribeSponagle.Aka Mr. Plagio, mostly 's Dad. Helmet grad-4/03

Guest guest

Sponagle,

Hello! Great letter very well written. Are you really unsubscribing? I hope you might reconsider, you have sooooooo much to offer. I know that you are wealth of information to us all, but especially your fellow Canadians.

in SW MissouriCaleb 3 and Lucas 16 months (starbanded 1st time 8/26/2 and banded 2nd time from 12/12/2 to 5/9/2003)

Hi Sponagle:Do I see this correctly, you want to unsubscribe? Hmmm?

Debbie Abby's mom

MISponagle <sponagle2003@...> wrote:

I have been away for awhile. I just thought I could offer an opinion. Afterall, isn't this group about opinon and/or advice?Firstly, If you are visiting this site you are concerned about the shape of a child's head. Actually an infant's head would be more precise. Therefore, your gut instinct is telling you that something is not right. Your doctor may say it is alright but your mother or father instinct is saying, "No way! This is not right!"As parents we anticipate that we would do everything possible for our beloved children. That is why you are here, that is why you are researching Positional Plagiocephaly and this wonderful site.If you are asking will Positional Plagiocephaly lead to permanent problems, the answer is an undeniable yes. Untreated plagiocephaly can lead to jaw/ear misalignement, noticeable facial asymmetry, protruded or bossed forehead along with the increased possibility for diminished self-esteem. There is growing evidence to suggest Positional Plagiocephaly can lead to Torticollis. Many experts suggest that Torticollis and Plagiocephaly go hand in hand. It is possible for Plagiocephaly to be caused by existing torticollis and also possible for the headshape itself(plagio) to cause Torticollis.There are certainly many arguements amongst medical professionals regarding Plagiocepahly. Let me attempt to set some to rest.Firstly, Once the headshape is moulded past the age of 5-6 months chances are very high that the head shape would have been moulded and therefore continue to grow in the same shape making the deformity permanent. It is possible for facial and skull asymmetry to become less noticeable as the head shape matures into adulthood. This follows the premise whereas the head shape is larger and all imperfectons are less noticeable... But does the head round out? NO!The main arguement that I would like to set to rest. Do hemets work? Yes! Yes! Yes! A quality product in qualified hands can certainly produce marvelous results for most plagio-patients. The younger and the sooner the better. Along with quality of product and treatment provider it should be noted that parents have a substantial committment both mentally and monetarily. Without the extreme dedication from the parents the helmet is worth nil to little........Truth be told, I am scared as hell for all the youngsters that are out there with parents who are hopeful in believing that their doctors are right and their darling child's head will round out as promised. Egyptians moulded heads for centuries for the first years of a child's life. It was done as a sign of royalty. The fact is that the moulding was permanent. It did not revert. Therefore, why would the external pressures applied to an infant's skull associated with Back to Sleep be any different?I am going to close with the following advice. If your child is older than 5-6 months of age, has plagiocephaly, and after professional consult you , as a parent are still very much concerned with the shape of your child's head,then please, get the helmet. It is better to say that you are glad you did then to wish you did..................and did not!This is not meant as guilt. This is my opinion. If a child has Plagiocephaly then they have a condition. Like all conditions they should be monitored and/or treated. If repositioning doesn't work by 5 months of age, then get the helmet. But get the ball rolling to have treatment lined up if required.I may not have scientific evidence to support all my claims but I can tell you I have a son with a healthy and socially acceptable shaped head that he would not have had if it were not for his helmet.As a parent you have the final say on your child's care. However, if you are asking yourself if helmets work the answer is YES. Will nature round your child's head? Miracles happen. Is it likely that nature will round the already moulded skull? Doubt it!This was meant as help not as a hinderance.Please UnsubscribeSponagle.Aka Mr. Plagio, mostly 's Dad. Helmet grad-4/03

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

I also posted this a few days ago:

" If you are not comfortable and concerned about reactions, then you

have every right to refuse to take this medication. "

It's up to you, the patient :)

Doug

Group founder

On Xolair 3+ years, No reactions and NO MORE need for Prednisone!!!