RemedySpot.com

This 'n' That

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear everyone, especially Deborah,

I was thinking of your tummy....might you consider seeing the Cedars gi that started you down the trail, can't remember which one, or Dr. Conklin or Dr. Ippoliti.

Take all your bottles of meds and discuss it with them. I adore Dr. Fuller, but I can imagine he tuned out when you complained about your tummy. Fatigue is kind of normal. In his mind he is probably thinking, quit whining, I got the food to your stomach, now deal with it. Or gentler thoughts or maybe not, who knows?

I wonder if your other medications are now getting to your stomach and irritating it. Remember before surgery you were regurgitating a lot of stuff. Could be the dosages are too high now or are counteracting each other.

You could have some kind of flu etc. Your symptoms don't sound totally normal to me. A general doctor won't understand about your esophagus so an achalasia gi might be a good option.

Not to dwell on my poor parents, but after a surgery my Dad went deaf. They all threw up their hands. He also developed a fungus on his thigh. They were glad he survived the surgery so ignored the other things that caused him discomfort for about a week. Then they couldn't figure it out. Finally they realized a medication was interacting with another one and causing his deafness. They tried every ointment etc. on his fungus... they being neurosurgeons and all their entourage trying to impress the neurosurgeons (insert "Grey's Anatomy" here).... to no avail. Finally called in a dermatologist, basic one and she diagnosed it immediately and gave an ointment and it was gone in 2 days.

Yes I'm better, my hormones, seritonin (sp again?) and attitude are in line. I appreciate all of you being patient with my meanderings. They are silly very often. My only excuse about the long dialogue about migraines is that apparently those memories come flooding back when I get them. The psychological response to illness is sometimes worse than the disease, so that was the underlying motivation in telling my headache stories.

People do have to come to their own terms with dealing with disease, you can bring a horse to water, but can't make him drink (probably has achalasia and knows it will come back anyway, so that is that with that wive's tale). If I can slightly nudge people into seeking treatment a day or two sooner than they would normally, then I consider it a good day.

Deborah, the sick tummy isn't something most of us have this long after surgery. I assume you had a thorough blood test, it almost sounds like mono or something like that. Maybe you have an slight infection somewhere... but I'd see one of the achalasia gi's that have access to your records. Maybe talk to your regular doctor who prescribed your meds if that could be the problem. Most of the things I've taken say they can cause stomach irritation, headaches and fatigue. I'd bet you could be getting 2 to 3x the dosage you were getting before surgery.

Get better so you can take me to lobster lunch... or I'll take you to a sandwich shop.

Oh, Maggie, take pictures..... Even I would have avoided that duty, although a grandchild is special.

Sandy in So Cal.... again telling my daughter and her friend as they played Nintendogs on their DS's that I was just getting a tv at their age, 2nd grade and it was b & w, one station, a North Dakota station, that played Minnesota Twins baseball all summer, that I hated. The weather often messed up the signal anyway. They ignored me, no surprise, don't think they believe me.

>> Hello, Comrades of the Esophagus,> > I read several posts all at once (I've been letting a lot of my email rest > while I rest) and I noticed that we all seem to be "holding the fort" more or less> and that's good.> About smoking, oh, yeah, hard to get someone to quit and second-> hand smoke is not much fun if you don't like it (I used to smoke, so, sometimes> I have the nerve to approach a smoker and ask as if I may sniff the smoke). It's a > problem. When I first went into Dr. Fuller's office, pre-op consult, a lovely woman> sitting opposite me told me that within the last 14 months she'd had half of each of her lungs removed due to lung cancer and, she emphasized, she'd quit smoking 37> years before. EEEK! so, I wish all of you well on this one.> > And as far as stomach pains go, I still have them. But I don't have migraines, Sandy (hope you are feeling MUCH better now) nor do I have a > tortuous esophagus or a "bird's beak", nor do I not have ice cream in my frig.> Things CAN be good, sometimes and I need to exercise my GRATITUDE ATTITUDE> more often.> > So, with this in mind, I wish all of you not only good swallows,> but something beautiful to appear in your life, whether it's old or new, art, music> or literature, excitement via the Torino sports, excitement via something wonderful> in the out-of-doors just where you live, and perhaps? a good cup of tea or coffee> or an aperitif!> with hugs, gentle ones for those of you who might still be sore from stitches,> > Deborah, at the beach>

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

I just finished my early morning stretch before getting ready to go to church.

I am noticing more and more that I have a lot of eczema on my hands now.

Shaking hands with the congregation may be a bit rough for them..

I am thinking

it is the toxins coming out through the skin. I am 'sanding' them off with a

nail file and putting on coconut oil mixed with a tad of oil of oregano. Is this

a good idea?

Any more ideas would be welcome as I do not want gator hands.

Also, I was doing an higher dose of vitamin C and noticed a taste in my mouth

and thought it was like the taste of H202 that I sometimes gargle with DILUTED

of course. I do NOT swallow the H202. (food grade hydrogen peroxide)

So, is this higher dose of vitamin C making more oxygen in my body and healing

it faster?

Just want to understand and get with the program more. If this is a good way I

will commence doing the higher dosages more often.

From my blessed heart to yours, Mz ViOlet

---------------------------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

>

> I just finished my early morning stretch before getting ready to go

to church.

> I am noticing more and more that I have a lot of eczema on my

hands now. Shaking hands with the congregation may be a bit rough for

them..

> I am thinking

> it is the toxins coming out through the skin. I am 'sanding' them

off with a nail file and putting on coconut oil mixed with a tad of

oil of oregano. Is this a good idea? Any more ideas would be welcome

as I do not want gator hands.

==>Hi Mz Violet my dear. It isn't a good idea to sand your eczema.

That just aggravates it more. I believe it is toxins coming out too,

which shouldn't be suppressed in any way. You could wear gloves to

church, eh?

==>I suggest you mix coconut oil and oil of oregano 50/50 - it's a

little stronger and will help pull the toxins out and soothe the

inflammation. I recommend you apply a lot to your hands, after

church of course, and wear cotton gloves. Also protect your hands

from any detergents, cleaning products, etc.

==>You can also soak your hands 3 times a day in a solution of H202

and non-chlorinated water mixed 50/50.

==>When toxins come out through the skin it can indicate your liver

is overloaded so I suggest you do coffee enemas, and also ensure you

are having the Electrolyte Drink 6 times a day. The lemons are so

good for the liver. You might also get a herb that is good for the

liver and make it into tea, i.e. milk thistle or silymarin or

stinging nettle or dandelion. Have 4 cups per day.

> Also, I was doing an higher dose of vitamin C and noticed a taste

in my mouth and thought it was like the taste of H202 that I

sometimes gargle with DILUTED of course. I do NOT swallow the H202.

(food grade hydrogen peroxide) So, is this higher dose of vitamin C

making more oxygen in my body and healing it faster?

==>Yes the vitamin C is increasing the oxygen in your body by

stimulating it to produce H202. It doesn't necessarily mean you will

heal faster, but it does help a lot!! Healing takes as long as it

takes, and the most important aspect is nutrients from the diet plus

the supplements. Everything works together, but the body will take

the time it needs to heal, in its own way.

> Just want to understand and get with the program more. If this is

a good way I will commence doing the higher dosages more often.

==>I would only recommend taking higher doses than 4,000 mg per day

when you are stressed or need a boost because of more severe die-

off/detoxifying symptoms. Since it appears your liver is overloaded

at the moment you could continue on the higher dose for 10 days and

gradually decrease it after that to 4,000 mg per day. In some

cases " more is not better " .

==>Let me know how it goes, and what seems to help you most.

>

>From my blessed heart to yours, Mz ViOlet

==>How sweet Violet! Thanks a bunch. Bee