RemedySpot.com

iodine supplements

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Go to www.optimox.com - He uses Optimox's Iodoral. Go to the research and

you will see the specific information.

Iodine Supplements

> What type of iodine supplements does Dr. Brownstein recommend?

> I'm very interested..... his website offers books for sale, but I

> couldn't find his recommendations.

> Thanks for your help.

>

I read the link...it says to be under the care of a physician.

Well if I'm NOT...what is the recommended starting dosage and how do

I know when I'm at the right dosage?

>

> Go to www.optimox.com - He uses Optimox's Iodoral. Go to the

research and

> you will see the specific information.

>

>

>

> Iodine Supplements

>

>

> > What type of iodine supplements does Dr. Brownstein recommend?

> > I'm very interested..... his website offers books for sale, but I

> > couldn't find his recommendations.

> > Thanks for your help.

> >

>

The best prices along with the iodine protocol are at

Breast cancer choices the money also goes to research.

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/order.html

You will want to do the whole protocol most

people feel better if they do the bromide salt push

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/bromidedetoxsymptomsandstrategies.html

links for the protocol

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iprotocol.html

Information links

http://www.breastcancerchoices.org/iodineindex.html

Iodoral is the same a lugol's the liquid just made in tablet

from for easier gastric digestion.

If you want links for Lugol's let me know.

I read the link...it says to be under the care of a physician.

Well if I'm NOT...what is the recommended starting dosage and how do

I know when I'm at the right dosage?

Magnesium 200-400 mgs

Vit C 3,000-4,000 mgs

Selenium 200-400 mgs

Zinc 50 mgs

Copper 2 mgs (if not high in copper already as zinc lowers copper)

Celtic Sea Salt - 1 tsp / day broken in 1/2 tsp doses 2x / day.

That's the basics. It would be adjusted based on need per patient but it is

a start.

Iodine Supplements

>>

>>

>> > What type of iodine supplements does Dr. Brownstein recommend?

>> > I'm very interested..... his website offers books for sale, but I

>> > couldn't find his recommendations.

>> > Thanks for your help.

>> >

>>

>

>

>

>

> Send Message: iodine

>

> Iodine

>> Magnesium 200-400 mgs> Vit C 3,000-4,000 mgs> Selenium 200-400 mgs> Zinc 50 mgs> Copper 2 mgs (if not high in copper already as zinc lowers copper)> Celtic Sea Salt - 1 tsp / day broken in 1/2 tsp doses 2x / day.I am glad zinc and especially copper are being included now. I found it necessary to supplement with copper when I went "hyper" back in April. I'd read at www.ithyroid. com that a deficiency was related to hyperthyroidism and I already knew the balance with zinc is delicate, so I ran to a h.f.s. and got a bottle of copper and I really believe it helped bring me back to normal. Besides, more than 2,000 mg. of Vit. C will interfere with the absorption of those minerals so it's a must to add them in order to avoid creating a new imbalance.

I forgot one new supplement. It is relatively new - Vit A - 25,000 iu. is also being used.

Steph

Re: Iodine Supplements

>> Magnesium 200-400 mgs> Vit C 3,000-4,000 mgs> Selenium 200-400 mgs> Zinc 50 mgs> Copper 2 mgs (if not high in copper already as zinc lowers copper)> Celtic Sea Salt - 1 tsp / day broken in 1/2 tsp doses 2x / day.I am glad zinc and especially copper are being included now. I found it necessary to supplement with copper when I went "hyper" back in April. I'd read at www.ithyroid. com that a deficiency was related to hyperthyroidism and I already knew the balance with zinc is delicate, so I ran to a h.f.s. and got a bottle of copper and I really believe it helped bring me back to normal. Besides, more than 2,000 mg. of Vit. C will interfere with the absorption of those minerals so it's a must to add them in order to avoid creating a new imbalance.

I take a product called Sunny A. It is what Dr. Brownstein recommended for me. It looks like it contains other things.

Re: Iodine Supplements

Thanks, it's good to know that 25,000 IU of Vit. A is a good dosage. I used to take as much years ago but then all of a sudden it became harder to get caps more than 10,000 IU. Once as a child and later as a teenager I got 50,000 IU prescribed for about a month, both times by ophtalmologists, and besides improving my eyesight my skin also benefitted. Since then I''ve always taken Vit. A, usually from fish, and now I'm glad I did because people with hypothyroidism don't convert beta carotene well to the active form (due to lack of iodine, which is needed in the process...) and when I was younger my skin had this yellowish tone which now makes sense! In recent years I've been taking Cod Liver Oil, which a few years ago I found out was also a source of iodine, so hopefully between that and food I've been at least close to being covered, but now thanks to your post I'll be able to keep a better eye on this one! > >> > Magnesium 200-400 mgs> > Vit C 3,000-4,000 mgs> > Selenium 200-400 mgs> > Zinc 50 mgs> > Copper 2 mgs (if not high in copper already as zinc lowers copper)> > Celtic Sea Salt - 1 tsp / day broken in 1/2 tsp doses 2x / day.> > I am glad zinc and especially copper are being included now. ! I found it necessary to supplement with copper when I went "hyper" back in April. I'd read at www.ithyroid. com that a deficiency was related to hyperthyroidism and I already knew the balance with zinc is delicate, so I ran to a h.f.s. and got a bottle of copper and I really believe it helped bring me back to normal. Besides, more than 2,000 mg. of Vit. C will interfere with the absorption of those minerals so it's a must to add them in order to avoid creating a new imbalance.>

• 6 months later...